Discuss these questions about jobs with a partner.
- Do you have a job now? Describe what you do.
- What was your first job? What did you have to do?
- What different types of jobs have you had? Describe them.
- What are some unusual jobs you know of?
- What job do you hope to have in the future?
- Describe your dream job.
Summarise what your partner has told you and tell it to another person or the whole class. Shorten what you have heard and choose only the most important information to share. Start your summary by mentioning one thing that you found the most interesting from what your partner told you, then complete your spoken summary by talking about the other points.
For more activities on summarising go to Unit 12 Summarising.