Where have you seen animals acting?
Have a look at the photos in this article and see if you recognise any of the 10 animals from films or TV shows.
Now read through the article about the highest paid animal actors and answer these questions.
- What type of dog was Rin Tin Tin?
- Who employed Rin Tin Tin?
- What was Rin Tin Tin’s nickname?
- What movie was Keiko in?
- How did Keiko die?
- What type of animal was Bart?
- How old was Bart when he died?
- What was the name of the first dog who played Lassie?
- What type of dog was Lassie?
- What was the stage name of the dog on Frasier?
- What happened when Moose got too old to act?
- What type of animal is Crystal?
- Why did they stop filming Animal Practice?
- What type of dog played in The Wizard of Oz?
- What happened to the dog while filming The Wizard of Oz?
- What was the name of Skippy’s character in the movies?
- What tricks could Trigger do?
- What is the characters name of the most famous animal actor?
1. German shepherd 2. Warner Brothers Studio 3. Rinty 4. Free Willy 5. from pneumonia 6. Alaskan brown bear 7. 23 years old 8. Pal 9. Collie 10. Eddie 11. his son Enzo started to act 12. Capuchin monkey 13. because of poor ratings 14. Terrier 15. the dog broke his foot 16. Asta 17. walking on hind legs and untying hands 18.Benji
Go to Unit 2 Reading Books for more reading activities.
A short story is a story that is short. There are not many characters in a short story and it is usually set in one place at one time. For the story to be interesting the main character will face some kind of conflict or problem that is resolved through the telling of the story to reach a climax or exciting part which then finishes with a resolution.
Read some short stories by Roald Dahl or other authors to get an idea of what a short story is and then have a go at writing your own!
Plan your short story by thinking about:
Characters – What is the main character like? Name? Age? Who are the other characters?
Setting – Where is your story set? When or what year is it?
Conflict – What conflict or problem will the main character have?
Climax – How will the main character solve the problem? What will happen in the exciting part of the story?
Resolution – What happens at the end of the story?
Be as creative and imaginative as you like. Enjoy the process of writing your own short story.
Enrol in Reading Books for more activities on short stories.
Reading regularly is one of the best ways to improve your English. What better way to improve your English as well as to enjoy yourself is to find a book that you just can’t put down. This popular thriller by Paula Hawkins called The Girl On The Train is exactly that – a book you won’t want to put down until you find out what happened in the end!
This crime thriller is full of suspense and excitement. A great way to learn English! Read the book now so you will be ready for when the movie of the book comes out later this year.