Before listening to the second episode of Who the Hell is Hamish divide the class into three groups to research a topic and discuss vocabulary. Then share the information with the other groups.
Lisa Ho, fashion designer Australia
- pyramid scheme
- reverse psychology
- nest egg
- web of deceit
Musgrave House, Sydney
- under the radar
- empty the coffers
- King Midas
- squirreled away
- made good coin
Now listen to Episode 2: Fashion Crimes
After listening to the second episode discuss these questions with a partner:
- Use your knowledge of the Research and Vocabulary from the previous activity to explain what happened in Episode 2.
- What countries are mentioned?
- List the people mentioned and the amount of money they lost to Hamish.
- Use the example of Victim A, Victim B and Victim C to explain how Hamish tricked the people.
- How does music and sound effects create mood for the podcast?