The Day Max Died
This lesson is based on Episode 1 of the Who the Hell is Hamish podcast from The Australian reported by Greg Bearup. Hamish has stolen millions of dollars from innocent victims and this podcast aims to explain how he did it.
Before listening to the podcast discuss these questions:
- Have you ever cheated? Have you found out someone who has cheated?
- Do you always tell the truth? Are there any situations when you think it would be acceptable to lie?
- If you had money to invest how would you make decisions on what to do with it?
Do you know what these words mean?
Now listen to Episode 1: The Day Max Died
After listening to Episode 1 use a map to locate these places and discuss what was mentioned about each place:
- World Trade Centre
- Sydney Opera House
- Stewart House, Curl Curl
- Bondi Beach
- Circular Quay
- Byron Bay
- Summarise what happened in Episode 1.
- What is your opinion?
- What do you think will happen in the next episode?
For more academic English lessons go to:
Smart English Class