For this discussion use the reading from this month Younger is not always better when it comes to learning a second language and the listening from this month Why should you learn a second language?
According to the article:
- What is the ideal way for young children to learn a language?
- What skills do adolescents need to learn a new language?
- Someone who chooses to study a second language by themselves is usually in what age group?
Click on the links to look at these images relating to the topic of learning a second language.
- Discuss the 3 images in detail.
- When did you first start learning a second language?
- What age do you think is best to start learning another language?
- Why did you start learning a second language?
- Do you think everyone should learn a second language?
- What do you think the advantages and disadvantages are of learning in a classroom compared to learning online?
Answers to the Comprehension Questions: 1. Living, learning and playing in a second language environment 2. Meta-cognitive skills 3. Adult